Corona in Bangladesh, only awareness can protect you.
The Institute of Epidemiology Disease Control and Research (IEDCR) has confirmed that three Bangladeshis have tested positive in the country for Covid-19, a new strain of coronavirus that has killed over 3,600 people around the world. Please follow and maintain the following instructions to be protected from the deadly virus:
- Maintain at least 1 metre (3 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- Ensure respiratory hygiene. This means covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Make sure you, and the people around you, follow good respiratory hygiene.
- Avoid public transport and public gatherings.
- Keep your household clean and germ-free.
- Take a saline/saltwater gargle before going to bed.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Take sufficient vitamin-c to increase your immunity.
- Avoid handshaking, hugging.
- Boil your food correctly.
- Avoid travel plans (if it is not very much emergency).
- Practice routine cleaning of high touch surfaces as well as the whole household.
- It is not recommended that people who are well wearing a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19. Only use a mask if you are sick.
- Stay home if you feel unwell. If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention and call in advance. Follow the directions of your local health authority.